Para's Peculiar Paradigms

o/~ Life's a show and we all play a part, and when the music starts we open up our hearts...it's alright if some things turn out wrong, we sing a happy song, and you can sing along...o/~

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Snow Trauma

Well, we got hit by a snowfall, which we haven't seen in years. Unfortunately, I had to travel up to Gold Hill to attempt to see the cat I am watching until wednesday, I should have listened to my parental units on this one. After Pirates choral rehearsal I drove out to Gold Hill to see if I could at least get up there...the freeway was pretty clear and it wasn't currently snowing. When I got the the driveway however...whole other story...this driveway covers about 6 neighbors and the house I am sitting is about half a mile up this old ruged road. I forgot about the fact I hate driving in the snow...I am fwd wheel drive and wasn't thrilled to see 12-18 inches of snow. I got stuck...3 times. fianlly I went to the closest neighbor (thank the dieties they were home!) and he helped me escape my fluffy white prison. He drove my car back to the main road and I drove home freezing with my feet soaked and cold...I made it home to discover a lecture from the 'rents and I was less than enthused to hear it.

I went and moped in my room most of the night and watched the Battlestar Gallactica mini-series. I may actually start watching the actual series. Now...I never want to drive in the snow again. Tom though has 4-wheel drive and we are hoping to drive back out to Gold HIll and do a little snow hiking to the house, make sure the cat is self-sustainable and then I will feel much much better. I already owe them a refund for being unable to get up there in the first place...However...I also realize that had I stayed up there last night I would have been stuck up there until the snow melted. That could be a while sadly. So I guess I can be thankful. I let so many people down tonight...because I was traumatized I missed the opening of one of my professor's art shows. I am a horrid person. I don't want to rehearse for Pirates tomorrow cause I am afraid of driving. What will I do when I move? I guess Connecticut is out now, since it snows there.

I didn't hear from my Ct about teaching class on Monday...so I don't know what to expect or if there will even be class due to the snow. I know some people won't even be able to drive into town from all over. This seems like such a rare occurance though...I do have interesting news, I get to sub at the university for the aural skills class, sound like fun.

I realized that in my last few blogs I didn't end with a musical quote. I thought about ending this one with some catchy wintery song...however Let it Snow! and Winter Wonderland make me nauseous at the moment (not only because we sang them to death in the fall but new new Snow trauma) so...as randomly as possible I will go through my iTunes library and pick a song.
The first attempt came up with a bell solo I wrote called Shores of Serenity. next was an instrumental theme song, and then enya...finally one with words...

o/~ Puppies are cuddly, puppies are cute, they're never nasty or mean...I'd give a home to all the lost puppies, if ever one say I were Queen ... o/~ - Veggietales

2 Comments:

  • At January 9, 2005 at 2:57 PM, Blogger meagan said…

    oh my goodness!!! i am so impressed with you for driving in the snow to gold hill! you made it a very long ways; way longer than i would have for a cat. that is why you are a good cat-sitter, not "horrid" in any way.

    love meagan

     
  • At January 11, 2005 at 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    David, I feel that I might fall soon. Good bye.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home